Halifax Linen Service, Inc. has been providing textile services to the medical and business industry for over half a century.
Originally named Halifax Laundry, it was founded in 1946 and has operated on the philosophy of value given for value received for over 60 years.
Following this principle, we have expanded and updated several times to become one of the largest ultramodern textile production facilities on the East Coast. Our mission is to continue our quality and value driven service well into the future.
Halifax Linen services major medical facilities and large corporations as well as small businesses throughout North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia and surrounding areas. Providing our customers with industrial uniforms, bed linens, restaurant table linens, facility products, and countless other textile-related items, Halifax Linen Service is committed to supplying the products necessary to meet or exceed the industry standards expected in today’s professional business environments.
Our commitment to quality, expertise and years of experience will provide you with the professional image you want for your company.
We look forward to establishing a long- term business relationship with you and your organization.
Well Established and Family Owned
- Halifax Laundry was founded in 1946 by EJ King and Thornton Wilson in Roanoke Rapids NC
- Mr. Wilson passed away in 1973. Mr. King was left running the company with a 2nd grade education. Mr. Wilson had handled all the finances of the company
- January 1974 Charles McElheney came to Roanoke Rapids and formed a 50/50partnership with Mr. King. They incorporated Halifax Laundry as Halifax Linen Service Inc.
- August 1983 EJ King passed away. A buy/sell agreement was in place and Charles McElheney purchased the remaining assets of Halifax Linen
- August 1988 Charles McElheney completed construction of a state of the art laundry built specifically for healthcare clients
- Halifax continued to grow throughout the 1990's maintaining an intimate relationship with our customers within the North Carolina market
- Preston McElheney grew up in the company and became President of Halifax Linen Service in August 2004
- In 2006 Halifax Linen purchased the customer base of National Linen Service in areas of North Carolina, South Carolina and Virginia
- Halifax continues to maintain a simple approach to our business model by maintaining a family based atmosphere, open door policy and proactive, operations based philosophy